- Chairperson - Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Vice-Chairperson - Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)
- Members: Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Health (DOH), Coalition of the Service for the Elderly (COSE), Louie de Marillac Foundation, Federation of Senior Citizens Association of the Philippines (FSCAP), Alliance of Retired Postal Employees and Senior Citizens, Inc. (ARPES) and Veterans Federation of the Philippines (VFP)
A regional Inter-Agency Coordinating and Monitoring Board with the same membership and similar functions with the National Board is also established in all regions.
Under Sec. 35, Art. 14, Rule X11 of the IRR of RA 9257, the following are the functions of National Inter-Agency Coordinating and Monitoring Board on “Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003”:
- Formulate a National Plan of Action for Senior Citizens in coordination with concerned government agencies and other stakeholders;
- Develop effective monitoring and reporting system towards an efficient, consistent and uniform implementation of the law;
- Develop and institute effective and innovative approaches and methods with which to address emerging concerns of the senior citizens;
- Coordinate the programs and projects of the concerned agencies to immediately and effectively address the issues and concerns of the senior citizens;
- Coordinate the conduct of nationwide information, education campaign and other advocacy activities on RA 9257;
- Monitor the conduct of orientation, training and other capability building programs to maximize the contributions and participation of Senior Citizens;
- Coordinate the conduct and evaluation of the plan of action, research and documentation of good practices and disparities for policy and program development;
- Actively establish, national, regional and international networks for resource generation and technical cooperation; and
- Prepare yearly accomplishment report to the Office of the President, Congress and the concerned National and Local Government Units.